- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Perform daily cash count with the Senior Finance Officer
- Record payment vouchers daily in the cash batch
- Maintain the uncleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Manager
- Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Finance Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: All finance dept staffs, Program staffs, Operations Staffs
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is absolutely essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.